Friday, January 7, 2011

Mid-week[ish] 1 Progress

Diet: I know it’s a little past mid-week, but here’s the low-down anyhoo. My “Shape Up Week” is going stellar! The hardest challenge I’ve had so far is cutting out the sugar. The first day wasn’t so bad, but day two…by the afternoon it felt like someone was beating me in the cerebrum with a dumbbell. I had forgotten how addictive sugar can be and how painful the withdrawls are. Confession: When Tylenol didn’t work, I had a piece of toffee to make the migraine go away.
"Turkish Get-Up"
Exercise: I ran a mile and walked a ½ mile after work on both Monday and Wednesday. On Tuesday and Thursday, I did my Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout for 30 minutes. And on every day this week (so far) I’ve attempted the “Turkish Get Up” that Alison mentioned with a five pound weight. It’s hard, but not because it was a killer workout move. Rather, it’s awkward. Each time I tried it, I had to carefully think through the move’s steps before making an attempt. It was sort like I was on the first date with a sit up and was self-conscious about where to put my hands. It isn’t a very fluid move, but I hope with more practice I’ll be more comfortable with it. (Maybe give it a second date. *wink*)
Pampering Me: On Tuesday, I got highlights and a wax treatment on my hands. This is my favorite part of Sweeney’s plan.
Weight: I’ve already lost 2 lbs and it’s only mid-week!

1 comment:

  1. You are so witty Rena! I love your blog and I'm only the 3rd post in... Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...