Monday, January 3, 2011

Week 1: January 2nd – 8th

The Redbook Experiment
Weight: 166 lbs.
Hips: 44 inches
Waist: 31 inches
Exercise Plan: “Shape Up Week” (pp. 114-116 of the Jan. 2011 issue of Redbook)
This plan comes straight from the beautiful Alison Sweeney, the host of one of my favorite shows, Biggest Loser. Sweeney says that if she needs to get back on track after a bad eating spell or to get ready for a photo shoot, she simply has a “Shape Up Week”, a week where she cuts out “alcohol, red meat, and sugar”. In addition, Sweeney works out every day of her “Shape Up Week”. The best part of the plan is how she also makes room for spoiling herself.
My “Shape Up Week” Checklist:
1.      No Alcohol. (No problem. I don’t drink.)
2.      No Red Meat. (AHHHHHH!)
3.      No Sugar. (Yeesh…but OK.)
4.      Exercise every day (I’m gonna shoot for 5 days outta the week. I’ve got the Biggest Loser: Cardio Max work out video and my trusty treadmill. I’m going to try her suggested “flat-belly move: Turkish get-ups” as featured in the Redbook article. Sweeney also mentioned working out with good music. Nothing like B.o.b. featuring Rivers Cuomo’s “Magic” to boost my workout mood.)
5.      Pampering myself. (Yeehaw! I’m gonna get my hair done and go tanning.)
I’ll post my results at the end of the week. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Rena Bena! Very brave of you putting yourself out there like that. Go team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me accountable for my eating and exercising habits.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me preface this by saying I have lost and maintained a nearly 40lb weight loss through eating and working out. I've completed a half marathon, run 20 miles weekly and have done numerous workout DVD's...including the original Biggest Loser DVD and even Jillian's separate workout DVD's. I don't say this to toot my own horn, but to give you a gauge as to how someone who's in good shape views this DVD.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...