Thursday, January 13, 2011

Week 2 Mid-Week Progress:

Padma Lakshmi
I miss cheese.
But seriously the Top Chef Recovery Plan is working! I’ve already lost another two pounds! Thank you, Padma, and thank you, Redbook!

Diet Progress:
I haven’t been eating the exact same things as Padma Lakshmi, but I’ve kept the “Diet Don’ts” rules and made the “Diet do’s” my own. Here’s a sample day’s meals:

BreakfastEgg white omelet Scrambled egg whites with veggies
Lunch – Broiled chicken (seasoned with Cajun spices) and sautéed onions and green beans
Snack – Almonds (I eat way too many of these), baby carrots, fat-free cottage cheese, or a Clementine
Dinner – A small bowl of pasta with Normandy blend of veggies or Tilapia with veggies

I’m going to look for Vietnamese noodles on Saturday when I go shopping for the week, and I’ll pick up some brown rice too. I wonder if Lakshmi’s line of HSN spices, Easy Exotic, can be found in any stores. The diet has been pretty easy I’d say, except that I really miss cheese.

Exercise:
Running Stairs – I am so proud of my workouts this week. I didn’t think I could run stairs for 20 min. much less match Lakshmi’s 45 min, but on Monday I ran stairs for 35 min! I couldn’t believe it. I know that by the end of this week, I’ll nail my 45 min. goal!
Side Planks (see p. 116 of Jan 2011 issue of Redbook) – The side planks are amazing. I haven’t held the sit up position for a full minute yet, but I’m slowly increasing the time that I do hold it. First time I held it for only 21 seconds; second time 30 seconds; fourth time 35 seconds. It gets easier every time. Also, it doesn’t feel effective until the day after, and then there’s this tightness in the tummy that is so rewarding. I really like side planks.
Jump Rope – Turns out my daughter’s Dora the Explorer jump rope broke over the summer and my husband threw it out. (Of course I didn’t think to ask him about its whereabouts until after I tornado-ed my garage looking for the thing. Grrr. [sidenote: I did find my missing Soda flip flop so it wasn’t a total waste of my time]) Anyway, I decided to use my mini trampoline in lieu of the jump rope. (Is there a coalition of women out there called “Mothers who pee a little when jumping on a trampoline”? There should be. MWPLWJOT for short. Curséd vaginal birth. And just think 10-12 years ago I used to tease my mom for this very thing. FOR SHAME!)

Rewards:
Louboutins I'll never be able to afford.
I’ve decided to carry over my favorite aspect of “Shape Up Week” by Alison Sweeny (Sidebar: Alison looked INCREDIBLE in that grey dress during the weigh-in on The Biggest Loser Tuesday night.) into this week by pampering myself. So, I bought a fantastic pair of four-inch heel sling-backs. Best day ever.
I’ve been thinking of ways to reward myself for getting down to my goal weight: 145 lbs. What I really want is a pair of Louboutins. But I’m only a part-time teacher with a part-time salary. I have too much financial sense to lay down a mortgage payment on shoes. Louboutins are probably a pipe-dream. I’ll think on this more.

Well friends and fans, keep cheering me on and watch for week 2 results. Thanks for all your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...