Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Zumba Week: February 20th – 27th (Week 4)

A daily reminder
My inspiration for this week’s plan comes from three people. First off, Jennifer Grey is the inspiration behind all of February’s exercise plans. She recently won Dancing with the Stars and her interview from REDBOOK influenced me to dance away the pounds this February. Secondly, my sister just ordered Zumba and after giving it a whirl last week, I’m pumped to give it a full week attempt. Lastly, I read a little vignette about Train’s lead singer, Pat Monahan. He has a few exercise secrets that I’ll be taking a crack at. Here’s the breakdown for the last week of February.
The Rules:
DIET:
·         WATER – Part of the Zumba weight loss plan is to drink 100 oz. of water a day! Geez. I tried this on Sunday and only got to 84 oz. before I pooped out. However this technique really helped control my appetite. When I got the late-night munchies, I staved off the cravings with agua.
·         6 TINY MEALS – The Zumba plan also recommends eating 6 small meals a day, or rather 3 small meals and 3 snacks. The idea is to eat every 2 ½ - 3 ½ hrs. I can handle that, but it’s the small portions that will be tricky.
·         LIMITED CHEESE – Since I haven’t successfully cut out cheese since the two “Top Chef Recovery” weeks, I’m giving into the idea that I just need to limit my cheese. I will only eat cheese 3 or 4 times a week and only in one meal a day.
·         NO RED MEAT – I’ve had better success at this one, so I’m keeping it.

·         FRUIT AS CARB SOURCE – Zumba’s diet and snack suggestions state that I should be getting my carbs from fruit rather than breads and pastas. This should be easy since I have been stocking my fridge with fruits and veggies ever since the grocery cart makeover from January’s REDBOOK.
·         WHOLE GRAINS – At Zumba’s suggestion, I’m gonna cut out regular pastas, bread, and tortillas, and replace with whole grain or wheat versions. But I should try to get most of my carbs from fruits.
My little motivator
EXERCISE:
·         ZUMBA – Latin hip hop DVD. I’m going to do the Cardio Party and the toning DVD 5 times this week. Dance. Dance. Dance away the lbs. The Zumba weight loss plan advertizes the loss of a pant or dress size in a matter of 10 days. I like the sound of that. I think I’m very close to being a size 10. I can already fit into one brand’s size 10, but I can’t wait to fit into say…Old Navy’s size 10. Jennifer Grey will be there to propel me to my goal weight and size, which, to recap, are 145 lbs and a size 8 pant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...