Monday, February 28, 2011

Zumba Week Results:


The top of my treadmill. Just another way to motivate myself. The middle pic is a pic of me that my daughter drew.
 Here’s how I did last week:               
[Disclaimer: I am watching the Oscars while writing this blog, so it’s not my finest work. I get a little distracted by shiny things. And on that note, James Franco and Anne Hathway are HI-larious! Btw, watch out for little Oscar references.]
The Rules:
DIET:
·         100 oz of WATER a day– Did awesome! It totally curbs the appetite. Downside or rather…side effect: having to pee all the friggin’ time. [Oscar note: How funny was that old guy who gave out the best supporting female actress award?! omgosh - someone just told me that was Kirk Douglas! I didn't even recognize him! Of course, I juggling a 2 year old and a plate of strawberry pancakes. Forgive my faux pas.]
·         6 TINY MEALS –Did great for the first 5 days, then spaced it the last two. I really like doing it this way, however, and I think I’m gonna keep this plan.  
·         LIMITED CHEESE – I think I only ate cheese 4 times this week.
·         NO RED MEAT – I only had meat 2 times, but not too shabby.  
·         FRUIT AS CARB SOURCE – I ate lots of fruit. Blueberries, strawberries, bananas, oranges, pineapple chunks, mango chunks, and peaches.
·         WHOLE GRAINS –I was supposed to cut out regular pastas, bread, and tortillas, and replace with whole grain or wheat versions, but Rick already spent our weekly grocery money on reg. stuff before I made this plan, so I’ll have to try again next week.
EXERCISE:
·         ZUMBA – I did the Cardio Party DVD on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat. So much fun! I also did the body tone one for about 13 minutes after three of the Cardio Party workouts.
·         RUN A MILE BEFORE WORK – I worked three days this week, so I ran once before work and did Hip Hop Abs before work on the other two days. [Hizzah for Natalie Portman]
RESULTS:
Weight: 158 (sigh. It's the same.)
Hips: 42 in. (lost a ½ in.)
Waist: 29 in. (same)
Thighs: 25 ½ in. (lost a ½ in.)
It’s been a great week. Really fun with Zumba, and it’s been trimming my butt. Maybe in another month, I’ll look like Sandra Bullock in that beautiful red gown. Didn’t catch the designer. Oops. [Pause. Yay! Colin Firth just won the Oscar!!!! And a frowny emoticon for James Franco].
[And The King’s Speech just won best picture! Woot. woot.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...