Monday, March 7, 2011

Results for March Week 1: Feb. 27th – March 5th

It’s been a pretty awesome week. Not only did I do well on my plan this week, but I got a job writing for my local newspaper! I’m very excited about it and my results of the diet and exercise plan.
This is the breakdown of March Week 1:
EXERCISE:
RUN FAST: Run for 20 minutes at a 9 min-mile-pace. [I did not meet my goal. I got an infection on Friday that included pink eye (you can kinda see the pink eye in the photo.) and sleepiness. I didn’t work out at all on Saturday, which was the day I planned on running for a full 20 min. at 6.2 mph/a 9 min. mile pace. But have no fear fans, I will not be giving up. I’m going to continue this goal into next week, at least until I nail it. My eyes are totally narrowed at the treadmill right now, and since I’ve got pink eye and look like a “walker”, I bet it’s really intimidated. Watch it, treadmill. I’m coming for ya.]
ZUMBA: [I did Zumba 3 more times this week. I love it. It’s so full of energy. My favorite dance is the Quebradita and Calypso. They both have intense, but fun moves. Oh and the James Brown stuff. Super fun!]
DIET:
NO SUGAR: [I did surprisingly well, except for the almond, pecan, and cashew nut clusters that my mom bought for me. It’d be no big deal if they just nuts, but they were held together with something sweet. And I could. Not. Stop. Eating. Them.]
EXTRA AGUA: 100 oz a day. [I had good days and bad, but on the days that I did well, I felt fuller for longer and ate less. And that’s incentive to do this again.]
MORE FRUIT CARBS/LESS BREAD-LIKE CARBS: Did OK. [I replaced my bready carbs with fruits. I ate a lot of oranges, apples, and bananas this week. The only time I did eat too many bready carbs was when I made tuna noodle casserole. It was chock full of noodles.]
NUT BUTTER SPREAD: Try nut butter. [I already blogged about this one. Justin’s Nut Butter spread is delicious, but it’s not calorically or financially economical.]
RESULTS:
Weight: 157 (- 1 lbs!)
Waist: 29 in.
Hips: 42 in. (- ½ in!)
Thighs: 25 in. (- ½ in!)
It’s a winner. I can’t wait to get better from this illness, though. It sucks the motivation right outta me. Fortunately, next week’s plan is all about rest. Ooh yeah! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...