Monday, April 18, 2011

April Week 2: Results and Week 3: Stress Free Week

Did I mention I suck on holidays/vacations? Well, I do.

This week was spring break, and I sucked.

The diet plan was to not eat meat on Mondays. Check. But really, I need more than that to focus on. Ugh. I feel like a whale this week. On Friday, I went to a birthday party for my nephew and I ate two hot dogs, a piece of cake, some candy, and chicken salad. Evil food! It seduced me, and I had my way with it.

Workouts when down like this:

MONDAY: planks and side planks
TUES: none
WED: walking in the park with my kids, pushing my kid on the swing for 20 min.
THURS: Hip Hop Abs: buns, hips, and thighs, and digging/shoveling for an hour
FRI: dancing for an hour
SAT: Hip Hop Abs: buns, hips, and thighs, AND HHA: Cardio

My workouts were sporadic and except for the HHA one, I didn't feel worked out. You know? Ugh. Shame on me. I've decided that I am not going to look at the scale until I have a better week. Sorry readers, but this is one of those times where I might just spiral into a pit of depression if the scale is even a pound over. So, I'm waiting. Next week, I'll post my results.

Here's how I'm going to improve this week:

Week 3: STRESS FREE WEEK

Avoid Stress Eating.
DIET & EXERCISE:
REDBOOK gives an awesome blurb on dieting on p. 204 of the April issue. It's titled, "Take the Stress Out of Dieting", which is exactly what I need. It suggests that dieting can turn a person into a "stress eater". According to the article, I can avoid stress eating by:
  • making sure I don't drop below 1,200 calories a day (easy. It's the exceeding 1500 that is a challenge.)
  • eat small meals and snacks throughout the day (got it.)
  • eat lots of omega-3 rich foods, like salmon, scallops, shrimp and walnuts (I hate walnuts, but I still have some frozen scallops left over from the scallop po-boys recipe I tried last month. Plus, I love me some salmon.)
  • working out for 30 minutes, 3 days a week or more, because it "lowers levels of stress hormones in your body."(That I can do.)
    • Workout of choice comes from p. 103. It's an inspiring piece on a woman, Amanda Griffith, who starting jogging to reduce stress, because her stress was messing with her immune system and causing cramping, pain, diarrhea, and fatigue. She jogged 3 times a week around the neighborhood to clear her head (Warnick 103). So that's my plan to. I'm going to run at an easy pace for 1.5 miles a day, 3 times a week to clear my mind. I would do it outside, but the weather is showing rain, rain, rain, rain, and snow this week. Grr. Still, I've got my trusty treadmill.
There you have it, dieteers. I'll be eating fish and jogging this week, and hopefully my results post at the end of the week will redeem my spring break follies.

Love your abs,
R

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rena! I read about your blog on the ever-so-famous Page 32 of Redbook this month! Since you have the same body shape and weight as myself (165 and I want to get to 145), I figured your blog would be a perfect way to attempt to follow the diet along with you (okay, and I'm a tad obsessed with Redbook too.) Congrats on your awesome progress so far! You are an inspiration! I added your blog feed to the "Networked Blogs" app on Facebook to follow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily! Happy to have you on board. I appreciate your support, and I hope you are successful too. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...