Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Life in the Past 10 Days: a cocktail of deadlines, midterms, and upchuck fest 2011

I've been a lazy blogger. I know. It's been just shy of a couple of weeks since my last post, and I need to catch everyone up on the events of my life; diet and otherwise.

Results of Week 3: Stress Free Week

Weight: 160
Yes. I gained back the weight that I lost after my Vegas trip.
In my defense, I've been super busy. It has been the opposite of a stress free week. With work, I've been grading papers like crazy to prepare for mid-terms.

And for my newspaper gig, I had 3 deadlines, 2 of which were back-to-back; one interview had to be done in person on location and the others done over the phone with follow-up emails. Then came the actual writing, revising, editing, submissions. It's not as chill as blogging.

This is also symbolic of how I'm
ready for school to be out NOW.
Additionally, my kid has been having trouble on her bus and wants me to pick her up from school from now on. [I only gave in a couple times.] And she and her BF got into a scuffle that ended with a doorknob sized bruise on her back. They made up.

Plus yesterday, I ate a can of botulism, i.e. a can of old beans that my mom gave me when she was cleaning out her pantry, and then I spent a night and a day getting reacquainted with the Rim-y, the toilet bowl.

And the icing on the birthday cake is that I'm turning 30. Aside from what the REDBOOK article said, I haven't actually turned 30 yet, but will in a week. The idea of TURNING THIRTY hangs over me all the time, like a bad, itchy sweater. I'm in total wig-mode. I think the most irritating part about it is that I feel like I'm just now starting to reach a point where I'm happy with my body. I look good and feel good. But 30...30 is a benchmark for women. It's the age where statistically our looks begin to fade. It's not fair. I just started to get my looks, and now I'm going to lose my looks. [sigh]

My fear is somewhat irrational. I know. Someone out there, prolly my sisters, are rolling their eyes and muttering something about me being a drama queen. I need to suck it up, breathe, and hope at least one unlikely person will validate my hotness after I turn 30. Is it too much to ask to be universally attractive for 1 decade out of my homely life?

Yes.
God has a cruel sense of humor.

Here's the part where I can't come up with a segue.

Exercise has been surprisingly successful, despite the weight gain.

During week 3, I worked out 3 times. I ran a total of 4 miles, walked 2, and did a session of planks and side planks.

During this week, April Week 4 (which I have not yet named, unless you count "Picking Up the Pieces of My Crazy Life") I have worked out once. On Monday. I did a 45 minute Hip Hop Abs workout (including the butt-toning DVD). If I feel well enough by this evening, I'll try to squeeze in another workout. Plus, I have a local 5K scheduled for Saturday morning, which I signed up for months ago.

My diet goal for April Week 4 is to cut out sugar again. I have the most success with my eating habits if I do this small thing. I'll be back down to 156 in no time. I still fit into my size 10's, btw.

I am unhappy with my progress lack of progress. I've let myself down and all of you readers in cyberspace. I'm back on track, however, and, 30 or not, I want the body of a 25-year-old, non-smoker.

Wish me luck, and if you are a close personal friend prone to give me birthday surprises, I'll take shoes this year. (I'm a size 8 1/2) No cake.

Unless it's carrot cake from Art City Trolley
...or chocolate cake from Macaroni Grill...

Forget I said that. I'm resolved. See my resolved face. [pointing to resolved face]

3 comments:

  1. I am with you. I am committed with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned 30 on the 11th of April. I wasn't too sure how I would feel about it to begin with. But-- that was an awesome day. I felt soooo great- almost like turning 21, lol. The only things that have gotten me down since then have been normal life stress & headaches- which I have gotten since I was 16. You can handle this- you look amazing. I didn't realize you were even close to 30- I didn't remember that part of the article. And you know the drill, don't let the little things get you down. Focus on one part at a time and keep up the determination. I'm with you-- I may not be doing exactly as the mag says, but I'm working out, attempting to lose weight after having 3 kids. You can do this-- if I can, you can!!

    (I'll quit now, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such words of encouragement! Thank you both so much. I struggle sometimes with motivation, but comments like these psych me up to keep going. Thanks, fellow dieteers. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...