Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Recovery Week (week 4) Results

I'm starting to get back into the workout and diet groove. I've had a few setbacks this week, but I feel good about my progress.

Workouts went down like this:

MON: 45 minutes of Hip Hop Abs
TUES: nothin'
WED: nothin'
THURS: raking and hoeing and shoveling for an hour
FRI: nothin'
SAT: supposed to run a 5K, but the weather (i.e. blasted snow in APRIL) was crappy, so I hiked 2 miles up a virtual mountain (on my treadmill). Burned a little more than 300 calories.

Diet was blah. I did pretty good, until my friends took me out to Tucanos for my birthday preekend (that's pre + weekend, for the Rena-lingo layman.) For those of you who are unfamiliar with Tucanos, it's a Brazilian buffet. And except for the salads and rolls, all the food is brought to your table by men with knives and slabs of grilled beef. (It kinda reminds me of the episode of Gilmore Girls when Kirk hires Yummy Bartenders, 'cept these guys were clothed appropriately for a food establishment.) Anyway, I gorged on brisket, top sirloin, sweet fish, tangy chicken, massive amounts of mango lemonade, and cheese rolls. However, I did eat way less than previous visits to Tucanos. And, even though I had to stand and show off my Brazilian moves whilst the restaurant sang a variation of "Happy Birthday", I did not eat dessert. Proud of me? I am.

So here are the results in measurements:

WEIGHT: 160 lbs.
WAIST: 29"
HIPS: 42"
THIGHS: 25"

Overall, nothing has changed. My measurements are the same as the last time that posted them, and my weight is the same as last week.

I googled "sugar monster".
I'm working on my plan for the first week of May. It's going to be a rough month with all the celebrations. I've got my birthday, anniversary, and mother's day all in May! One thing I'm sure of is that I'm going off sugar for May. A bunch of facebook friends and I are rallying together to ward off sugar, the evil diabetes monster! As a daughter of 2 diabetics, I'm dedicating this month to them, and since it's my birthday month, it just seems fitting.

Wish me sugar-free luck. I'll post the full plan for this week tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You are the woman! Seriously. #1 posting your weight on your blog. #2 going off of sugar during your birth month. Go get 'em tiger!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...