Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No Sugar May Week 2: Results

Leave it to someone to glamorize the application
of mascara. No one looks like this when putting on
mascara. I always make the most awkward
open-mouthed-sad-clown face.
You know that feeling you get when you're about to go on a first date with someone you like? The anticipation makes you so jittery that you have to redo your mascara three times on account of the smudges you keep making on your eyelids. A few minutes of that and you also get butterflies gravel in your stomach. then, the doorbell finally rings and you swallow your stomach back down to its proper place, smooth your clothing, breathe, and swing open the door like you're the Marilyn Monroe. You know that feeling?

That's how I felt stepping on the scale yesterday morning.

And I gotta tell you...it was a great date. No really, I got to second base--if the equivalent to "second base" was losing 2 lbs! That's right, friends. 2 el-BEEs!

To what do I credit the weight loss?

My new favorite website: www.caloriecounter.about.com

I log in my meals, workouts, water intake (Remember how I was supposed to drink 100 oz a day this week. Well, I did that for the first 2 days and then flaked it a little and only hit about 80 oz for the rest of the week.), and the website spits out an analysis of my food day. I even get a letter grade. [smugly] I got mostly A's this week.
[cough] Maybe 2 B's.

Anyhow, it was an amazing week. I felt like I was competing against my caloric limit, which as competitive as I am, it really motivated me. The program suggested that I keep my calories under 1800 a day, and my average for the week was 1400-1500, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Thanks, calorie counter.

Workouts kicked trash too.

MON: Ran a 5K in 42 min.
TUES: Worked in my garden for an hour.
WED: Ran a 5K in 39 min.
THURS: Worked in my garden for 45 min.
FRIDAY: Worked in my garden for 4 hrs.
SAT: Worked in my garden for 4 hrs.

I'm happy with the results. If next week goes as well as this week, I might go on a second date with my bathroom scale. [faint wedding bells in the background]

Week 3's plan is soon to come...
...stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hooo!!! That's an awesome feeling. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fanny. I feel really good. I'm glad you gave me the idea. Good news too. A friend of mine didn't lose any weight the first week in No Sugar May, and she got totally frustrated...until this week when she lost 4 big ones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...