Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What do Christopher Walken, a wii, and Verbal Floggings have in common? This blog post.

This is the result of trying to copy and paste the data from my account at http://www.caloriecount.about.com/ :
(which is my new favorite diet tool! Thanks for the hint, MZ). There's a few modifications, but I got the gist for you to see. Scold me for bad choices. I deserve a good verbal flogging. Praise for good choices is also welcome.

Eat meter
1,856 of 1,800 cals

Water Log
11
8 oz. cups
Weight 


 
Calories
1,856 (WAY too high for my goal, but it shows me where I'm going wrong.The program says I should keep it under 1,800 in order to lose a lb a week at my build and active lifestyle. I wanna keep it way lower tho. )
Grade
B (Unacceptable. I wanna be a straight-A student.)
ME: [whiny voice] Teacher, can I do extra credit to make up my grade?
TEACHER: Sure. Run off the calories.
ME: [sheepishly] oooookkkkkkkaaaaay. By the way, Teach...
TEACHER: Yes?
ME: You're the best teacher ever. You deserve a raise. And you have good hair.
TEACHER: [hand to chest] Thank you! You are pretty awesome too. And a darn good writer. I should know.
The site also breaks down everything by meals, but it didn't copy and paste very pretty, so I nixed it. As far as exercise goes, the week has been successful. On Monday, I ran a 5K in 42 min. and today I danced for forty min. to the dance program on the wii with my daughter.

Remember that Fatboy Slim music video with Christopher Walken? That was the best.
Click on pic for the YouTube link.

The worst mistake I made today was making Rice Krispie treats for my kids, b/c then I ate some. I justified it b/c it's my anniversary today and I worked the day shift and Rick the night. We saw each other long enough for a quick dinner and then "hasta manana". Bad justification, I know.
Let the verbal floggings commence.
I'm braced for impact.

4 comments:

  1. shaking head in disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. They're fast!
    All your justifications seem perfectly acceptable to me! ...which is probably why I still need to lose weight.
    Your blog inspires me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First- Happy Anniversary! That's always reason to celebrate in one form or fashion.

    Second- don't beat yourself up, you're trying. But I'm like you, I have 1 bad thing and even tho I stay on track the rest of the day, I beat myself up over that *one* thing.

    I could never, ever, **EVER** make rice krispie treats while counting my cals. I would go HOG wild w/ them.. they're my weakness. So I totally understand you.

    I'm in your corner and the same boat, counting cals & working out. Not brave enough to blog it in detail or garden. You rock! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lainey, I got an email about your comment, but then blogger went down and somehow the comment you left disappeared into cyberspace. So I copied and pasted your comment from my email. Afterall, It was very sweet. And thank you.

    Lainey said, "First- Happy Anniversary! That's always reason to celebrate in one form or fashion.

    Second- don't beat yourself up, you're trying. But I'm like you, I have 1 bad thing and even tho I stay on track the rest of the day, I beat myself up over that *one* thing.

    I could never, ever, **EVER** make rice krispie treats while counting my cals. I would go HOG wild w/ them.. they're my weakness. So I totally understand you.

    I'm in your corner and the same boat, counting cals & working out. Not brave enough to blog it in detail or garden. You rock! :~)"

    Thanks, Lainey. You rock too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...