Why do we gawk?
Smug superiority. (mean ppl suck.)
What ever the reason, Fulda's a brave toaster for allowing ppl to view her chronicles. I am so inspired by her story and struck by our similarities. One of my favorite nuggets of dieting knowledge is the "No news is bad news on a diet blog" idea.
Cuz it's the truth.
I've gained 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks.
If I were going to reject my own accountability and blame everything else, I'd probably start with...
- The diet shake I tried. It was very filling and yummy, but at the end of the day when I got cravings, I endulged on (TRUE STORY) Wendy's burgers and fries, 4 doughnuts, and 4 slices of pizza (not all in one day). So, obviously it was not the diet drink. A diet anything needs support from the consumer.
- I had a speed scrabble party/BBQ where I had only one hot dog. Yay me, right. Don't get too excited. I also ate 9 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- 5-day teacher conference. They fed us breakfast, lunch, and gave us a stipend for dinner. Also, the hotel provided breakfast. This bombardment of food combined with the stationary nature of teacher conferences made for a buffet of challenges. We had (and I've bolded the ones I ate) cookies, brownies, cheesecake, rice Krispies, scones, pasta, lasagna, burritos, breakfast burritos, sandwiches, eggs, yogurt, granola, bread, rice, lo mein, orange chicken, beef and broccoli, sweet and sour chicken, fortune cookies, egg rolls, wontons, orange juice, soda, diet soda, water, steak, sweet potatoes, rolls, cinnamon butter, carrots, salad, pork, chicken sandwiches, peanut m&m's, bugles, toffee peanuts, chocolate almonds, crystal light, banana, apples, muffins, waffles, special K bars, cereal, red vines, swedish fish, calamari, and pretzel bites with nacho cheese.
I am responsible.
I am to blame.
I was not strong.
Food is the villain in my story. As protagonist, I should slay the dragon, not eat it. Fulda mentioned that there are foods she's powerless against. My culinary Voldemorts are peanut m&ms, lasagna, some breads, cookies, chocolate nuts, and Chinese food. If my life were a heroic tale, I'd be a tragic hero.
So I have a week.
A week of normalcy where I will try to regain my diet integrity. Try to change my story to a happy ending.
Heroes are flawed. When they come up against an opponent (like deep fried cream-cheese stuffed dough) and can't defeat it, they step back and restrategize before taking another approach.
Heroes have support too. If Buffy taught us anything, it's that Scoobies are a key component to kicking bad guys' butts.
Help me slay my dragon.
Boost me up, readers.
Because, I have a 4 week teaching conference week after next. It's the ultimate battle.The climax of a movie.
In a world of candy and chocolate armies, one girl stands alone in the face of premature death from diabetes or heart failure. Will her readers help her wield the sword at the pasta and Alfredo enemy?
My battle plan this week:
- Last Chance Workout DVD 5 days a week
- Count my cals 1200-1500
- Post every day of my conference what I ate.