Saturday, July 2, 2011

Xocai Weight-Loss Challenge


I started a weight loss challenge this Thursday, sponsored by Xocai, healthy chocolate. (It's a diet drink packed with antioxidants that I'm trying out.) The weigh-ins are every Thursday evening at 8pm, which is the worst possible hour to weigh yourself. This is the disclaimer to the next piece of info, I'm about to unveil...
...at the weigh-in I weighed...

171.2 lbs.

I know. I gaped. Fell into a pit of depression, considered stuffing my face with foods high in comfort and calories, but remembered that I just started a weight-loss challenge. So ix-nay on the en & Jerry's-Bay. 'Sides on my scale at home, when I weigh myself in the morning, I weigh a healthy 164. However, for the next 6 weeks (the length of the weight competition) I'll be going with their scale's evil numbers. Just wanted to give you a heads up. So you didn't think I was totally bombing or had gained back that much weight.

My plan to lose the weight:
1. exercise 3 x a week with Jillian Michaels Last Chance Workout
2. eat b/n 1200-1400 cals a day
3. replace 2 meals with the Xocai protein shake
4. cut back on carbs; don't exceed 100g of carbs a day.
5. drink b/n 80-100oz of water a day.
6.REDBOOK plan.

Some of you may have thought that I had forgotten about REDBOOK over the last couple of weeks, but I'll have you know that June's issue didn't have much for me to work with--in my opinion. However, July has some KICK-A plans. I'm psyched to try them out.
So this week, my plan comes from the Q & TRIPLE A article on p. 62.

"Q: Isn't there anything I can do about my cellulite?" (A question I've asked myself multiple times.)
Reverse Lunge
And I'm going to take the advice of the trainer, Tiffany Boucher of Equinox Fitness Club in NYC. She suggests 30-60 min cardio workouts 5-6 times a week. I'm shooting for 3 x a week, but I imagine I'll still reduce some cellulite this way. She specifically endorses the reverse lunge, which is great since Jillian Michaels' DVD includes a series of lunges, including the reverse lunge. Any workout that will tone the butt, thighs, glutes, and hamstrings will serve to reduce that pesky cellulite, according to Boucher.

Stay tuned for my progress. My next weigh in is on Thursday. =) I hope to loose 3 lbs by then.

If you are interested in getting some Xocai, email me at: lorena(dot)smithey(at)gmail(dot)com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...