Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Date with Jillian Michaels...

I didn't actually win this, but I did borrow it from the winner.
Hey friends,

I haven't forgotten you. I just have redefined the word busy to include 4 conferences in 4 weeks, double the amount of articles I usually write for the Herald, and a round of flu, cold, allergies, and possibly strep.

Are these all the preface to me whining about how much weight I gained?

Nope.

I weigh 156 and PROUD!

So, here's a little blog interview adapted by questions given to Jillian Michaels in a REDBOOK October issue. Only, I will be answering the questions. If you wanna read her answers, buy the damn magazine. You won't be sorry.

REDBOOK: You talk a lot about your mom being your biggest role model. What did you go to her for when you were younger, and what do you rely on her for now?

ME: I went to my mom for lots of stuff. Chatting about life, school, boys, friends, money, jobs, anything. Currently, I rely on her to take my kids off my hands for a few hours here and there. ha ha! But really, she's so great, always supportive and she always believed in me.

REDBOOK: How does someone know they're ready for change?

ME: Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I knew I was ready for change when my doctor told me I was almost diabetic. It was a genuine "health scare".

REDBOOK: What would you tell other women about how to face their fears if they feel like they do want that change?

ME: People who really want to change, just change. They suck it up, make the sacrifices necessary, and change. They don't look back and celebrate every change. Some days are more successful than others and it certainly is a long distance goal, but people who REALLY want to change, just CHANGE.


K, dieteers. Gotta go do more stuff. Yeesh.
Do you realize I only have 2 1/2 months left of this year to reach my goal. And I still have 11 lbs to lose. (sigh.) And it's nearing holiday season. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas: The holy trinity of diet nightmares! I need to recommit.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it, I'm so excited for you. Congrats on the Teacher of the Year award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually win it. whoops. I totally forgot to put the caption in. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is fantastic! It is divided into 3 categories, Self, Science, and Sweat.In Self, she teaches you how to build a support groups and revamp your negative self image and filter out those individuals in your life that are harmful to your health. She also provides a test to find out what type of 'oxidizer' (the way you burn nutrients) you are which helps you decide your nutrition plan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...