Friday, October 28, 2011

"Yes, but are you thin enough to fit into your old prom dress?"

I know what you're thinking:

"Sure, Rena lost a ton of weight. She looks great. The calves are toned like they were when she played on the soccer team in high school, but what I want to know is can she still fit into that prom dress from junior year?"
My junior prom photo. Yeah, the dude is upset. It's a long story.

Well, readers, I'm not going to lie. I spent a good part of last 13+ years not being able to fit into that dress. In fact, I didn't even know where that dress was until several months ago when my mom was cleaning out her closets and she found it buried behind some pioneer dresses and Halloween costumes.

Of course I tried it on then, but couldn't get the darn thing zipped. [sad face.] I still took it as a win since at least I could get my arms through the sleeves and I prolly couldn't zip it because my chest had graduated from its 11th grade status, right? heh. heh. That's how I justified it to myself anyway.

Anyhoo, I promptly forgot about it until I realized that I'm going to a Halloween party tomorrow night and I have no clue what to wear! I thought about wearing cat ears and drawing on whiskers with eyeliner like last year and calling it "GOOD!" but I decided maybe I needed to give something else a try. So as a joke, I told Rick that'd it'd be cool if I had a Miss America sash and a tiara, then I could just wear my old junior prom dress. He cocked his head to the side and told me to try it.

So I did. (drum roll please.)

...
....
....
.....
......
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
....
.....
.....
....
....
.

My 30-year old ass fits in the dress I had as a 16 year old.
zipped up and everything fits.
It fits! I can literally zip up and comfortably wear my junior prom dress from *cough* 1998. I apologize for the creases and terrible wrinkles in the photos; I was too overjoyed to care about that stuff. I guess my hair is pretty "Nell" too. Yeesh.

Anyway, I'm so thrilled. I did it. And I had to share my excitement with you peeps.

I'm so excited, I even have crazy eyes.
Plus I lost another 2 lbs this week. I'm down to 154! WHAT! [fist bump]

6 comments:

  1. OMG I am so jealous! That is every woman's dream (I think) well it's mine at least! Crap! That is super duper awesome.
    ALso, my little sister was in love (IN BIG LOVE) for like a year with your prom date! So she is jealous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay girl, you are one up on me. I will NEVER be able to do that! You look great and I love reading about your successes.

    CC Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnolia Girl, Thank you so much! Who's your little sister? facebook me if you don't wanna say out loud.

    CC - You would drown in my junior prom dress! You are so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! That must feel so great!! Btw, I think you actually look better in it now than you did back then. Just sayin'... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, girl!! You look great!! :) Way to go with all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...