Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Empanadas for dinner. Popcorn for dessert.

 This is the best recipe REDBOOK has ever advertised. (Well at least out of the one's I've tried.)
From Hungry Girl on p. 176.
 To make the filling, I put frozen chicken into a crock-pot, found a recipe for homemade BBQ sauce,  mixed it all together, and let it marinated it for 6-8 hrs. I had to tweak the sauce recipe a little. Instead of vinegar, I used raspberry vinaigrette dressing, which was AWESOME. Added a sweat fruity flavor to the sauce. And instead of Tabasco sauce, I added chili powder. Other ingredients include: mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, and pepper. Oh man, it was good! I'm salivating just writing about it.


Then I stuffed these crescents with the pulled chicken, and popped these in the oven for 10 minutes for the most delicious empanadas my mouth has ever known. (Although if my Aunt Rosie would mail me some of hers, I'd really have something to compare it to.)


And for dessert, REDBOOK suggests popcorn. Who am I to say no to the printed word?
Popcorn it is.

Happy dieting, peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...