|How my treadmill inspires me this fall.|
Here are the suggestions from Jennifer Cohen, author of No Gym Required and trainer from LA, and how many calories you would burn in 20-30 minutes.
- Rearrange your living room: 150 cals in 20min. (I rearranged my living room, but Rick did most of the heavy lifting so I'm not sure if that counted.)
- Pace while on a phone call: 80 cals in 25 min. (I can NEVER sit still when I'm on a phone call with a friend. ((Unless I'm interviewing someone for an article I'm working on. Then, I'm very focused.)) Usually, I'm picking up the kids' rooms or doing laundry.)
- Scrub the bathtub: 125 cals in 20 min. (I traded "bathtub" for "dishes" and I always dance when I'm doing dishes. Hey, I can generate some killer suds with my dance moves. The Bee Gees got nothing on me.)
- Blow-dry and style your hair: 90 cals in 30 min. (My hair would totally be fried if I blow-dried it for 30 min.)
- Give your hubby a massage after date night: 91 cals in 20 min. (Um, does it count if I let him give me one?)
A closer look. Damn, Padma. Why do you look SO good! At least you inspire me.
Additional workouts include:
- Running on the treadmill 2 x this week. (Tues. and Thurs.)
- Running stairs and alternating weight training (Sat.)
- walking a mile during my lunch break (Monday)
I've eaten a few things that deserve frowny faces from my fans--things like pumpkin muffins, chocolate chip cookies, 1/4 of my son's pumpkin pie shake, a heaping helping of homemade spaghetti, a Jr. bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's, a few fries, a chicken soft taco from Dell Taco, and nachos. This is prolly why my scale still lingers over the 154 lbs. I honestly expected it to punish me more, but--phew--it didn't.
|Steady 154 lbs. I'll take it.|
On the plus side, (or rather, I'm changing the subject in order to forget about my food sins this week) I got my kid a hat from Lettilu for Christmas and I CAN'T wait for it to come! Here's what it looks like:
|I ordered it in hot pink for my 7yo daughter. She loves Hello Kitty.|
|I wished she would've loved this one too, but alas, her eyes were all over that Hello Kitty hat.|
|I wish I could get my son to wear hats, b/c I'd have gotten this one too. It's like a baby Maverick.|
Check out Lettilu's facebook page. There are some super cute crocheted hats, and maybe you can