Saturday, November 12, 2011

How my treadmill inspires me this fall. 
This week I tried a few "Random Ways to Burn Fat" from a snippet of the Lazy Woman's Fitness page of the November issue of REDBOOK (p.80).

Here are the suggestions from Jennifer Cohen, author of No Gym Required and trainer from LA, and how many calories you would burn in 20-30 minutes.
  1. Rearrange your living room: 150 cals in 20min. (I rearranged my living room, but Rick did most of the heavy lifting so I'm not sure if that counted.)
  2. Pace while on a phone call: 80 cals in 25 min. (I can NEVER sit still when I'm on a phone call with a friend. ((Unless I'm interviewing someone for an article I'm working on. Then, I'm very focused.)) Usually, I'm picking up the kids' rooms or doing laundry.)
  3. Scrub the bathtub: 125 cals in 20 min. (I traded "bathtub" for "dishes" and I always dance when I'm doing dishes. Hey, I can generate some killer suds with my dance moves. The Bee Gees got nothing on me.)
  4. Blow-dry and style your hair: 90 cals in 30 min. (My hair would totally be fried if I blow-dried it for 30 min.)
  5. Give your hubby a massage after date night: 91 cals in 20 min. (Um, does it count if I let him give me one?)
    A closer look.
    Damn, Padma. Why do you look SO good! At least you inspire me.
 Also, I tried THE BETTER-THAN-NOTHING WORKOUT, which was pelvic lifts in bed. I did them on the floor at least 3 times this week (p. 80).

Additional workouts include:
  • Running on the treadmill 2 x this week. (Tues. and Thurs.)
  • Running stairs and alternating weight training (Sat.)
  • walking a mile during my lunch break (Monday)


I've eaten a few things that deserve frowny faces from my fans--things like pumpkin muffins, chocolate chip cookies, 1/4 of my son's pumpkin pie shake, a heaping helping of homemade spaghetti, a Jr. bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's, a few fries, a chicken soft taco from Dell Taco, and nachos. This is prolly why my scale still lingers over the 154 lbs. I honestly expected it to punish me more, but--phew--it didn't.
Steady 154 lbs. I'll take it.



On the plus side, (or rather, I'm changing the subject in order to forget about my food sins this week) I got my kid a hat from Lettilu for Christmas and I CAN'T wait for it to come! Here's what it looks like:
I ordered it in hot pink for my 7yo daughter. She loves Hello Kitty.

I wished she would've loved this one too, but alas, her eyes were all over that Hello Kitty hat.

I wish I could get my son to wear hats, b/c I'd have gotten this one too. It's like a baby Maverick.




Check out Lettilu's facebook page. There are some super cute crocheted hats, and maybe you can procrastinate working out check off somethings from your Christmas list. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...