Saturday, January 21, 2012

Results of my REDBOOK weight loss year (2011) Part 2

My little muscle man
Results.
Results.
Results.

My husband says that one of my flaws is that all I want is results, and I struggle with focusing on the journey. I can say with certainty that he is right. I am often zoned in on the end goal instead of slowing down and appreciating the little moments and scenery on the path to my destination.

But there is one thing that definitely diluted my mad dash for achievement. It's being a mom. I'm a mom of two beautiful porcelain-skinned children each with a smile that wraps my heart in a Snuggie. They keep me grounded probably because there's no way to rush results with a child. I won't really know how they turn out until they start blogs, right?


We are more active as a family now than a year ago. =)


Since my obsession with results is only watered down by my children, I'm really glad that I started this blog. I get a chance to look over my accomplishments during the year, events that were amazing when they are happening, but when they are all lined up in a column, it's incredible to see the differences in my body and stamina. You can see them too here.

April 2008 - True I had baby weight, but it's more than that. I weighed 199 after Vin was born, and a year before that, I weighed 221. BUT NO MORE! Be gone obesity!

And now I'm ready to reveal how I did this year. The results you've all been waiting for.
Last January. YEESH!
Remember I wanted to lose 21 lbs this year, and here's how I did...
I didn't lose 21 lbs, but I did lose 15.

Totally different from Jan. last year. Thanks, REDBOOK

My friend Lisa gave me this dress. I can't believe we can wear the same clothes! Although she's tiny now...so maybe not anymore.

From January 2011 to January 2012. REDBOOK helped me accomplish so much this year.

I can't believe these are my legs now.

They don't call me "Gams" for nothing.

I just wish my thighs could look as awesome. Looks like I'll be continuing the REDBOOK Experiment into 2012. New year, new goals!

This is Lisa and me. She's the friend I went to visit in Orlando. The one I hadn't seen in 12 1/2 years. She's BEAUTIFUL!

She thought my face looked thinner.  More on Orlando on my other blog.
So dieteers, I didn't meet my goal, but I feel really good about how far I've come in a year. Thanks for all your support and especially for REDBOOK for inspiring me with workouts and diet plans all year. I really appreciate everything. Love you guys and may this be the year you chuck the "fat" pants.

Be watching for my 2012 weight loss plan...

5 comments:

  1. Ignore what the scale says. You are one hot momma! Keep up the good work, Rena. So glad I got to be part of your 2011 as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and so inspiring!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!! Great job!! You're positively glowing!! You should be proud of yourself- you may not have hit the number goal, but you did reach your goal- to be better, healthier, and feel better. Not to mention you're totally a hot mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Awesome job girl! I've very impressed with your staying power, I know how hard it is to keep that momentum going when life gets crazy. I'm still working on figuring that part out myself.
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, friends! I really need to decide how to tackle 2012. Becoming a size 6 seems extreme somehow. Maybe this year will be about maintaining my weight.

    Thanks for all your support this year though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...