Thursday, February 23, 2012

I rented my wedding dress.

Some of you may be wondering why I haven't blogged about my plan to try the "Fit back into your wedding dress" challenge (pp. 79-86 of the Feb. issue of REDBOOK). The truth is I rented my wedding dress. And I'm pretty sure I'm smaller now than I was back then. I mean I recently fit back into my 11th grade prom dress and I know I was smaller as a junior than when I got married. Anyway, it seemed pointless as I don't have a wedding dress to compare new me to, and I'm smaller now than 9 1/2 years ago anyway.

I tried thinking of alternative milestone pieces of apparel, but really I don't have anything from my sophomore year, so I don't think that will work. I guess I could shoot for being a size six. It seems totally crazy that I could EVER be a size six. I thought about working towards the goal of buying a bikini for the first time in my life, but my stomach looks like tree bark from all the stretch marks that I don't want to submit anyone to that torture.

Hrm...

Happy Valentine's Day to me.
The workouts I've done so far in February have been stairs, running on treadmill, and weights. I've only done about 2 workouts a week, and I skipped a whole week when things were so busy that I thought I might have a nervous breakdown. It hasn't been an uber successful diet/exercise month, and most importantly, I'm still not 100 percent sure what I want my health goals to be this year. Here's what I'm thinking:

  • Run a 10K this summer 
  • Tone my thighs more so they won't be mistaken for tree trunks 
  • Focus on mental health 
  • Lose the 5 lbs I didn't lose in 2011
  • Try a workout I've never done
  • Try RB fashion tips
  • Wear a bathing suit this summer without board shorts or a sarong. (The idea of that much exposure makes me hyperventilate a little.)
  • Be mistaken for Sarah Michelle Gellar
  • Do something to help other people improve their health
  • Enroll my kids in at least 2 active summer programs
  • Finish my weight loss memoir
    SODA shoes (Click me for link)
While I'm still figuring this out and managing my kids, 3 jobs, and a million daily things, I haven't forgotten about RB. In fact, I've been chowing down on February's SUPERFOOD: Clementines, like they were peanut m&ms. Clementines are so flipping good. They're packed with cold-fighting vitamin C and fiber, and are a great energy booster for a workout (p. 174). My favorite thing about them? It's that my 7 year old can peel them all by herself, something she can't quite do with an orange.

Also, I skipped the box of chocolates this Valentines and got new shoes instead.


1 comment:

  1. Not gonna lie. I'm a little jealous over here. Size six, seriously?! That's freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...