Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Celebrity Interview Tuesday: Chelsea Handler

Photo credit: http://ladyofthearts.blogspot.com/
It's that time again. Time for REDBOOK to ask me the same questions that they ask their celebs. The cover and interview spread in March's REDBOOK is Chelsea Handler (interviewed by Marisa Fox on pp. 116-121). I had to limit a lot of the questions, because they frankly didn't apply to me. Here's what I did come up with...
credit: http://www.softwear-tnt.com/bugpuppet.html

RB: Did being the youngest of [five] shape you?

ME: Absolutely. I always felt left behind. When the rest of my family was reading Lois McMaster Bujold and making jokes about cloned Barrayarans, I was going "huh?" or "Wanna play Sullvanians with me?". I think I started reading in general just to keep up with them, and I've been addicted ever since.



RB: Who lives with you?

ME: Husband, Rick. Daughter, Lane. Son, Vin. Dog, Spike.

Believe it or not, Zurg and I are a good match.







RB: What [is] your mom like? 

ME: Five foot nothing. Prefers hard work to leisure. Loves chocolate. Is diabetic. Has a kind, giving heart. I heart her.

RB: What was high school like for you? 

ME: In two words: Socially Awesome. I love being around people and high school was an extrovert's dream come true. Unfortunately, my love for chatting it up with my friends and people I barely knew often interfered with my academics. If had had a little more appreciation for school back in the 90's, I might have been a 4.0 student. Ah well. Maybe I'll peak intellectually later. haha.
If you're new to The Redbook Experiment, you might not know that REDBOOK helped me fit back into my junior prom dress! I haven't been able to wear this since 1998! What?! [fist bump]

RB: Let's talk about your love life. You've dated...

ME: Yes. I dated before I got married almost 10 years ago.

RB: So [do you] have a type?

Junior prom.
ME: I dunno. Lemme do an inventory. I've dated ethnic guys, blonde guys, tall guys, same-height-as-me guys, only one that was shorter. I've dated husky types and maybe one rail thin guy. There's been athletic hirsuit men and relaxed not-so-hairy ones too. I've dated arrogant ass holes and humble best friend types.

I guess I don't really have a type. I know I hate arrogance (but only because I would butt heads with anyone who has a superiority complex. That's shit I won't put up with.)

Geez. I just reread that list, and it sounds like I dated A LOT of men, but some of these characteristics overlap onto the same person. Plus, I've only ever really been in love twice. Most of the other guys didn't last more than a month. That was sort of my cut off time. I could tell after a month if it was going anywhere, and I didn't like to string them along. There were a few that dumped me. I hate being dumped. grrr.
My family at the beginning of the weight loss journey. A couple who eats together, gets fat together, eh?
Even my dog was a bargain. Free.

RB: Do you bargain shop? 

ME: Hell yes. All the flipping time. I teach part time and I'm a writer for Target's sake. It's not like I'm rolling around in piles of Benjamins on my 600-thread count Egyptian cotton bed sheets. Geez. Who do you think I am? Chelsea Handler?

Still I manage to find things I love at discounted prices. I love ROSS and TJ Maxx and Payless. Bargain shopping is the ONLY way to shop.



RB: What [do your] friends know [about you?]
BGW: Ogden last summer


ME: Ask them.

RB: What do you know about Rena?

RICK: You're pretty much like a freaking Jedi in the sense that you can practically read my mind. ME:"I want to order pizza!" You: "This is not the Pizza you will order." ME:"Yeah! I don't want any Fraking Pizza!!!"

BRITTANY:  I think of my 16th birthday when you guys came to "steal" me away. :) And how can I forget the many nights of Pride and Predjudice at [your house]. :)

TEX: [When we first met in person] you didn't believe me when you discovered that I am Tex [from the blog - http://texcommando.wordpress.com/], and you admonished me to cuss more. That was excellent.

NICHOLETTE: Every time I think about you I think: smart, pretty, fun, kind, loving, talented, hard worker, strong willed. I love playing speed Scrabble with you. You keep it entertaining by being so competitive. That and you have a winners song you'll sing. Lol. 

LISA: The memories that keep coming to mind are prom, taking pictures in the back yard, and hanging out watching space ghost and mystery science theatre at your house. My new favorite memory is when you were spinning lettuce and you took the lid off before it stopped. The look on your face was PRICELESS! My favorite old memory would be any of the times you told Andy to be nice to his little sister :)

CHRIS: When I moved to Utah, Rena called me nearly every day and we would go out with the kids. It made me feel welcome and loved.

TREVOR: That one practical joke we played on Rick.

JEFF:  Your reaction when I gave you some bad news about something that was going on... how supportive and empathetic you were.

ANGIE:  I remember that you were the one that informed me that I was pregnant (the first time), because I hadn't figured it out yet.

BONNI:  Mel and adam at the drive in movie, parked n the very last row...they're too busy talkin bout JR to even care about the show....lolol!! :P

NATALIE:  Human barbies ring any bells?

K. ZEDUB: Rena when I think of memories and you I think of soccer and you plowing over Coach Flies. [I got the nickname "Kamikaze" that day] and calling some girl a "wench"! Lol. So many more but those are a few.

BRANDI: Pole dancing. Enough said.

ME: Aww. My friends are the best. I wasn't sure what kinds of responses I get when I put forth this question in the fb world, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I have so many fond memories of each of them as well. I heart you, friends.

However, after reading a couple of these, I don't know whether to feel warm and fuzzy or repentant.Can I make up for it by saying, "Kids! Don't do drugs! Unless prescribed by a professional, and even then don't abuse them."

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha. You chose the right one. Repentant is the word I'd use.

    Love you, Gams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, BFFFE. You both have fun this week. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...