Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Health Confessions

I know I'm captain or at least first mate of the Diet and Exercise Cruiseline, but I still make mistakes. Here are some of my more recent screw-ups. (As inspired by "What's your health confession?" by Jessica Girdwain on p. 61-65 of the March issue of REDBOOK)

1. I ate 2 pieces of my son's birthday cake and a scoop of ice cream.

I had monster truck-sized slices too.

2. I ate stadium french fries and battered and fried chicken strips at Disney's Toy Story on Ice last Friday.  I took my son there for his 4th birthday.

...then I ate a two bites of my husband's cheeseburger.


3. Sometimes after a really tough workout and my legs feel like I spent time in the torture device from The Princess Bride, I'll wear heels to work anyway. I'm bad ass like that.
Surprisingly easy to walk in. Pretty comfortable too.

4. Even though brush 2-3 times a day and use mouthwash almost as much, I don't floss very often. Mostly because every time I buy some or get a free sample from the dentist, my kids find it and pull all the floss out to tie up bad guys or use as a Pet Shop leash.



5. When I don't feel like working out, I swap it out with a couple hours of gardening. And when I don't feel like doing that, I lay out. It's going be 60 degrees this week. The sun and I are going to get reacquainted.

Last fall. Homegrown veggies, peeps. Can't wait for this year.
Bear Lake last summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...