Tuesday, May 22, 2012

UPDATED: I kicked my own trash & Celebrity Interview Tuesday: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau


UPDATED: New pics from that day.
My running bud, Kristin.

I ran the Women of Steel 5K on Saturday. It's been almost exactly a year since my first official 5K (The Nestle 5K), and I compared my times and was BLOWN away at the difference in time.

NESTLE 5K (2011): 32:30

WOMEN OF STEEL 5K (2012): 30:01

I shaved 2 1/2 minutes off my time! Granted it took me a year, but still. That's not an easy feat. It motivated me so much that I want to run the Freedom 10K on the 4th of July. That's right. I said, 10K. And I'm not even crazy! I mean, no more than usual.

We were so pumped after we almost committed to doing a triathlon. Almost.

10th in my division


In the Women of Steel tee.

This week's celebrity interview in REDBOOK is with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. I'm not sure what the pronunciation should be but here's an attempt: NIC-O-lie COST-er Wahl-DOW. If he weren't so damn hot, I'd hold it against him.

credit: http://blogs.indiewire.com
Nikolaj is currently in Game of Thrones, a TV series about kings fighting over a throne...and a mythological people...and...you know...[shakes head]...sorry, I'm very distracted by his photo. I'm under a thrall. It kinda makes me want to pledge my allegiance to him. Hell, I'd be his minion.

Anyhoo...his two kids interviewed him in REDBOOK, and in the same tradition, I have my kids interview me for the blog (Berger 146).

Since both are in the bath right now, I'll let Rick (my hubs) start the ball rolling.

RICK: What's the hardest thing about losing weight?

ME: The work. At the very beginning, getting into the habit of working out is a challenge. And if I want to be consistently losing weight, I have to monitor calories and carbs and work out frequently. If I get lax for a few weeks, my clothes start to get snug. So it takes work to take care of myself.

[Lane walks in.]

ME: Ask me a question, Lane. Any question.

LANE: Uh...What's your favorite game?

ME: When I was a kid, I loved Chopped Sui. My mom made us pillows shaped like the letters of our name and we would fling them at each other on the trampoline. If the pillow hit your arm, you couldn't use it. If it hit your leg, no leg, and so forth. We did Spidermanesque flips and dodges until dusk.

Currently, I heart Speed Scrabble.

LANE: Is that it? [inching out the door.]

ME: I guess.
...Rick, got any more questions?

RICK: Um...huh. Who is your current Hollywood boyfriend?

ME: Hmm...good question. I am under Nikolaj's thrall, but aside from him...Tina Fey. She's my Hollywood girlfriend. And since I'm rewatching Buffy right now, the anticipation of Spike's big trenchcoat and fang entrance is making me as giddy as a girl from the 90s.

[Vin runs in wearing a spiderman suit.]

ME: Ask me a question, little guy.

VIN: [Screams something inaudible. Runs away. Comes back with Otter Pop.] Mom I like this when it's all juice. I want to drink it juice.

LANE: Mom, where's your phone?

ME: Why?

LANE: I wanna play Angry Birds.

ME: If you ask me a question, I'll let you play.

LANE: How many pounds have you lost.

ME: Good question! I've lost 70 lbs.

LANE: [Holds up some paperclips.] This could be a ring for a giant. [Turns to play with the dog. Holds up a light saber to Spike (the dog).] SURRENDER.


And that's a wrap.

Chao, dieteers. =)

2 comments:

  1. Love that show- Game of Thrones. And Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is hot. I would be his minion too. And yes you ARE crazy [said in the most loving way possible].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually ran a 6.22K this morning! I can't believe it! I actually ran more than 3 miles. Who would've thought? not me. Wonder what the conversion is of that...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...