Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 5K: Running across the country

The title may be a little misleading.The run won't actually be from one state to another, heading across the country like Forrest Gump. Rather, I flew to Virginia and North Carolina to meet up with my sisters and some friends (Holla Kristal!) and while here, I'm going to run a 5K in Virginia Beach, VA. I know there are some of you who are thinking, "You're on a flipping vacation and running a race?! You cray cray." Thing is, if you aren't into working out, you wouldn't get it. Since I arrived on Saturday night, I've done Centergy twice, Zumba, 2 long walks on the beach (one was 3.55K and the other was 5K), and I spend most of my free time dancing--whether it looks good or not. And mostly I look like a spastic chicken. A white, rhythmless chicken.

The race helps raise money for people with cerebral palsy. It's called the Cerebral Palsy of Virginia 20th Annual 5K and Walk-a-thon. I plan on running the 5K, naturally. I reckon that going from such high elevations in Utah to the coast, I'll be hella fast. Maybe I'll even win in my division this time. Or if not win, then at least place. Of course, I've been eating like a girl on vacation, so I'm not sure if I'll be trucking a few more pounds than I'd like. eep. I'm going to push it hard this time though. I don't know when I'll get another opportunity to run a race while in another state. It's not like I get to travel THAT much.

YOU : *ahem* Disney World. Twice.

ME: Shut up.

Anyhow, pics from vacation to come, and especially from my race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...