Wednesday, May 29, 2013

5th race: Bob LoBlaw Law Blog

(I may be referencing Arrested Development a bit as I'm right in the middle of watching the 4th season on Netflix. Hizzah!)

It's been a while since I've updated you on my Runolution, so here are the photos from my 5th race of the year. The Law 5K: Justice and Exercise for all! (Seriously, that's what the t-shirt says.) I went to this race with my sister M on May 18th early in the morning. She intended on walking it, but by the time we got lined up it was raining. The intensity of the rain was somewhere between pouring and a drizzle. So she decided to sit it out.

(Left to right: me, and my lawyer sister, M. M. is a MUCH better lawyer than Barry.)

I ran it anyway, because what kind of Runolutionist would I was intimidated by a little lot of rain. So I put on my new birthday sneakers and ran like Buster running swimming? from a seal (or Lucille, 1 or 2).

You'd think the rain and cold would make a person run faster right?

Wrong.

I was freezing and miserable the first mile, which by the way was all up hill. I got half way up that hill and had to walk the rest of the way, because it got very steep. (I wasn't the only walker.) After that I found my stride and pushed myself harder. The last two miles weaved through the University of Utah campus and was really beautiful. Since previously, I had only ever driven past campus, the run through it was a cool experience and I could often be caught looking all around me with wide eyes.

I finished with a terrible time. It was a little over 35 min.

Soaking wet (not with ham water).
Ah well. Still glad I did it. It was my first rainy race. =) We stayed for some of the awards, and I kicked myself for not pushing harder, because the 1st place winners in each age category got, not a medal, but their own GAVEL!  o.O

Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...