Monday, June 3, 2013

Race 6: The Nestle 5K

The following was written early last week:
"I haven't done the Nestle 5K in 2 years. In fact, the first time I did the Nestle 5K in 2011, it was my first official 5K. I ran it with my friend Trevor who totally kicked my trash.

2011, when Trevor beat me by 4 min. at the Nestle 5K
This Saturday, we are running it again. Mono y mono. Well not actually. There will be probably a thousand other racers [turns out there were 2,500], but I am going to push it hard this time to see if I can get my race around 30 minutes this time. That time still won't beat him, but it will beat my last time. In 2011, I had 32 min. And I'm a little out of shape, on account of my obsession with my new bike. All I ever do for exercise is ride it around for like a half hour, (True story: I rode my bike 5 miles to the Nestle factory to register for the 5K, and 5 miles home. I ride it more than Michael Bluth rode his.) and I haven't done strength training but twice in a couple months.

Wish me luck!"
The results: I beat Trevor!


My time was awful: 33:41, but still I beat Trevor. (We are not going to talk about how he decided to keep pace with his sister, who was visiting from out of town, and that's the real reason I kicked his trash. So don't mention it.)

We had so much fun. And the best part? My friend, Kelci won a boys' bike and she doesn't have kids, so who did she give it to? Vin. My little boy got a brand new bike out of the deal. I love Kelci and I love this race. =)
This sucker's like the Batmobile of bikes.
He can't actually reach the pedals, but we are going to see if we can exchange it for a smaller one at Wal-Mart.

As a family, we've taken to riding bikes and taking walks pretty frequently.  

Nothin' wrong with a little cosplay on a Tuesday afternoon.
"I will be the Batman Art City needs."

My little Wordgirl is taking cheer lessons now too. She's been practicing for the Art City Day parade.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...