Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up: Running and Blessings

You know when something crappy happens and you realize later that it was a blessing? That's how my week has been. The good news is that when the crap happened, I didn't turn to my old friend, Stress Eating, to handle the problem. Instead, I took a step back and followed the advice from a meme that I saw:

If you're not willing to eat something healthy, you're not hungry. You're having a craving. 

I love that advice, and I've been able to talk myself down from a couple of ice cream binge-edges with that little nugget.

And another that I really liked from Bob Harper from Biggest Loser



Here's what I've done in exercise this week:
Sunday: 1 mile, leisurely walk with my kids and dog.
Monday: 5K on my treadmill. Time: 33:42
Wednesday: 3 Pinterest workouts, including arms, legs, and obliques.

Thursday: Swimming with the kids for 4 hrs. But if we're being honest, it's really more like a half hour in the water and the other 3 1/2 laying out. 
Friday: 5K on tready. Time: 33:13

So far so good. The scale is being mulish, but my clothes are fitting more loosely, so I win. Suck it, scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...