Sunday, May 24, 2015

Week 6: New Scale, New Benchmark

I'm not really sure what to do with all this mixed data. I've replaced my old scale. It was screwy, off by like 10 lbs.--and, no, not in my favor--and would jump all over the place. Here's a graph of what my defunct scale read over the past three months. Looks like the read out of a heart monitor, huh?
Go home scale, you're drunk.

I weighed myself on my new scale four times this week. And it went from 
189,
187,
185,
and 183. 

And today, this morning, I weighed myself again: 181. 

This is going to be my new benchmark. It's high, I know, but I'm being optimistic. According my new scale I lost 8 pounds this week! Woot! 

Also this seems more accurate compared to the doctor's scale from last week.

My new toy. $25 at DI.
If you're curious about my workouts, about what I've been doing after discovering my injury (runner's knee), I found a tiny stationary bike at a thrift store--just in time, too, as we've had so much rain lately. It looks brand new and there's NOTHING wrong with it. Here, it retailed for $141, and I got it for $25! 


Folded up, it looks like a pink praying mantis. 
It has a teeny screen that displays calories, distance, speed, and time. If I set at the end of my bed, I can also read one of the MANY books I have to tackle before leaving for Vienna, for grad school. 

The day I brought it home, I biked for an hour, burned 286 calories, and covered 11.8 virtual miles. You can see from the pics below (from my second ride) that I've already improved my stats.
calories
time
distance

 I haven't given up running, but following doctor's orders, I've traded some runs for interval training and I've added 2-3 strength training workouts a week.

Saturday workout: I alternated hiking at a 4.5 incline, 3mph speed for a half mile with running at 6mph for a mile. I burned 700 calories.  

Wednesday: I'm trying to get a mile under ten minutes. So close!
Note: This was after strength training. 

Monday: I can't remember if I did intervals or if I did a warm up and cool down walk before running. It was one of those. 
I've decided that taking weekly measurements will help if I have another scale snafu.

Hips (around the largest part of them): 46"
Arms: 13.5"
Thigh: 28.5"
Waist (around the belly-button): 36.5"
Dress size: 10 - 12 depending on the cut and brand.

Food wise, this week I've had a lot of quinoa and brown rice, oatmeal, eggs, and almonds because I read here that some foods act as natural appetite suppressants. I can tell a difference. I'm keeping my calories around 1350, and the last time I checked, if I keep it up, myfitnesspal says I'll weigh, "165.9 lbs." by the time I catch my flight to Austria.

That would be fine with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...